Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day & 50th Anniversary

I know, I'm a few days late. But, its been a busy few days! 

This year Father's Day was combined with my dad's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary! So, after church me, Sarah, Collin and Robert (aubrey was with her dad, of course) went with my dad and his girlfriend, Darla, to Vic and Annette's party. I just love Vic and Annette, they are the most interesting people to me! haha. They have had such and exciting life, and they are just so sweet and nice, and great Christian examples! I have not seen them in years, so I was pretty excited about going, plus we got to see other family that we had not seen in forever as well. They had their wedding photo album, (and a bunch of other albums out),  goodness, their wedding was beautiful!! It was in 1959, so the style was so classic and elegant, it really reminded me of old Hollywood. Love it!! I was just so fascinated by all of their old pictures, from when they were dating, the wedding, when he flew in the war, honeymoon, their house and kids.. it was just a whole other world back then. I soooo wish I lived back then.. well, more the 40's and 50's! seriously! 
The party was great, they are so cute. (sorry, I don't have any pictures!) 

After that, we all met up with Emily, she had to work, and went to her apt. then out to eat. We sat out on the patio of the restaurant.. bad idea, we were burnin up! haha. But, it was nice to all be together. :) Here is the one and only photo: (Darla is not so great with the camera.. lol!!) 

No comments: