Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Day

Well, the day has come. Her first day at MDO! And... it wasn't too bad :)

Trying to get out the door was another story though! She was being a little fussy, I couldn't find my checkbook anywhere for the longest, her paci went MIA, and her shoe fell off and I didn't notice until I had her in the car so I had to search the house for it, which it was in her bed! SO, not quite what I had planned :)

So, we get there, and really, its not bothering me too much taking her, especially once I talked to the director and she was really nice and gave me her cell phone number. I took her into her class, and on Monday and Wednesdays there are only 3 other kids in the class, 2 boys and 2 girls. She went to the teacher no problem, then I sat her down by one of the toys and she and the other little girl were playing. Went over everything with the teacher, gave Aubrey a few too many kisses... and, then left. And, Aubrey could have cared less. Which, for her sake is good, but, a little emotion from her for my sake would have been nice! Just kidding :) There is a big window to the room that you can see in pretty much right when you walk in the building, so thats really nice. So I watched her for a little bit before I left, she was perfectly content playing. The director said they were about to go to music, I wish I could have watched! And they also have someone come in and show them sign language. The only thing I was really worried about was nap time. Come to find out, she fell asleep pretty fast, but only for 45 minutes! She usually sleeps for at least an hour and a half!! (she is sleeping right now, and its already been an hour!)
When I got home I made myself a cup of coffee and watched the Wendy Williams Show (if you don't know what it is.. you're better off!! lol!) Then the Bonnie Hunt Show! The sad thing is, I was really hoping TMZ was coming on!! haha! Classy tv watching right there huh?! :) Then, after all of that intellectual stimulation, I did a couple of loads of laundry, did the dishes, and went through a some of my parenting magazines and tore out articles I liked. I picked her up a little early, about 1:40ish. She was just playing. So, all in all, I feel good about it. Tomorrow is a different class with more kids and different teachers, I'm sure she will do just as well in there too :)
Now, I just need to get really organized and make sure I have everything packed for her bag, and clothes set out the night before! Yippee..

Looks like we both survived :)

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I almost forgot!!!
She took her first step today!!!!! 
That's right! This morning while I was getting ready in the bathroom she followed me in there, she crawled up to my leg and stood up, then I stepped back and she stepped forward!! I got pretty excited! She did it once more... then, that's it. I'm going to practice with her some more today! I knew she'd be walking by October. You go girl!! She's getting so big!! :) 

Sorry, no pictures! Maybe I'll get a video of her walking tonight!! :)

3 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

sounds like MDO was a success! see you friday!

Natalie said...

I am so proud of you! I was thinking about you and Aubrey today and wondering if you took her to MDO today! Kebby skipped school and we hung out all day with Lola. You should have joined us instead of watching those gay tv shows. lol- and the pictures of Collin and T-Ball were so cute. Wonder what are girls will play or do? I think Lola is too chubby for a ballerina! LOL-

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Read the comment I left after yours on my blog :)