Thursday, October 1, 2009

Train of thought??

So, MDO is going pretty good. But, I've decided that I wish she wasn't there. Not because anything is wrong with it, but, I just feel bad that she isn't with me (even though she wasn't before with my cousin watching her..). With my cousin watching her I didn't feel like I was really leaving her since she was still at home, but now she is somewhere totally different. Although, I do feel better that she is only at a MDO instead of an actual daycare, makes me feel less guilty, the max she can be there is 5 hours. Don't know if any of that made any sense at all?! lol. Ok, CONS: She is not with me. She is around a bunch of germy kids. Another routine to learn. She is not with me. PROS: She is able to play with other kids (even if they are germy). uhh... guess thats it. Hmm, that's not good. I know there are probably other Pros, but, I can't seem to think of them at the moment. Although, I really do like her teachers. Especially the T/Th ones, both  older ladies, and one of them really informs me of her whole day- which I LOVE. She tells me a bunch of little things, so that shows she is really paying attention to her, so that makes me feel good. By the way, I really hope what I am saying is not coming across that I am downing MDO or daycares! I completely understand having to put your child in one or the other, and really, I don't think anything is wrong with it at all- you gotta do what you gotta do! It just totally sucks that we can't be with out kids 24/7!! (although, a little break here and there doesn't hurt.. :)) Its just one of those sacrifices that I hate having to make, but, I really should count my blessings- I have been able to be with her ALOT more than most people! Which I am very thankful for!!
Ok, it totally sounds like I am aimlessly rambling.. so, moving on!


Oh my! When did October get here?! Geeze, this year is flying!! I feel like October is really the beginning of fall, which means, by mid October at the latest, I will no longer be wearing flip flops or sandals. It just doesn't seem right. And, I won't wear them again until late March. Call me crazy if you will. :) But, I just love October, and November.. and December... really, all of fall and winter! Its my fave!  I'm really hoping after this next round of rain (boo) it will cool the weather down for good! Can't wait to get out mine and Aubrey's winter clothes! :) Also this month, Oct. 10t, Aubrey and I will be having our own little photo shoot at the Arboretum!! First, I LOVE the Arboretum, just love it! So, I'm excited just about going there- and, to have super cute-o pics taken: bonus! They have all their pumpkins out, so I'm hoping for some really good ones of little miss :) Second, my birthday is in October. Which, I'm not totally thrilled about. Ever since I turned 20 I just don't care for having birthdays.. not because of celebrating or anything, because I'm getting older- and I DON'T like it!! Seriously, when I turned 19 my first thought was "oh my gosh- I'm going to be TWENTY!!" (lol) And, to top it off, I was WAY sick on my 20th, go figure! haha. And, I know, 24 is not old, but it is older. 24= MID twenties, no longer early twenties. That's a big deal. -ssiiigghhh- (ok, sorry to everyone older than 24, I'm sure ya'll are telling me to shut up!) :) 

Can I get an "Amen" from anyone else who wishes ragweed would disappear forever!?!? To be honest, I'm not completely sure what ragweed actually is, but, I just know that I loathe it. Yes, loathe! I am so so so miserable! I wake up in the middle of the night sniffing and my ears killing me. What the heck. Even with tons of allergy medicine, countless sneezing and super itchy watery eyes. Which makes me double mad because I can't go outside and enjoy this awesome weather.
Dang you ragweed!

Speaking of allergies.. not sure if that's whats going on with Aubrey (if so, I'm sorry you got me as your mother and inherited that from me!) or if she is getting a cold, or if its just teething.. or what? But, she's all congested and runny nose, and sneezing. Totally not fun. And, she has so ever politely let me know that she does not like the booger sucker. But really, who can blame her!? She throws her back back and literally pushes my hands away. Who does she think she is?? :) And, for a couple of days her cheeks were really red? But, no fever. So, not really sure what's going on. Has anyone ever heard of runny noses related to teething? I think I'll look it up. Those top teeth I think are going to be here anytime now!

So, I've tried to get video of Aubrey "walking".. but, of course as soon as I whip out my camera, she stops. Never fails. So... still a work in progress. But, she is getting better! Still a little on the lazy side though, jk. :) She's so cute...

Enough talk, here are some pics. (nothing toooo exciting though, sorry!) :)
(btw, does anyone watch SNL? I can't remember the girls name, (she's super funny though) she does this one skit where she is Gilly. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Well, its really funny, and everytime I see or hear the word "sorry" I always think of Gilly! Look it up on YouTube. RANDOM, I know!) :)

Since my mom is taking Aubrey to MDO, we need two carseats, so LUCKILY, my aunt gave me the one my cousin doesn't use anymore. It had been in storage so I couldn't remember which size it was and I was praying on the way there is was a rear facing one, bc, Lord knows I don't have an extra $100 to buy one! And, it it!! Its so big though, I'm not used to it! Although, Aubrey is really starting to outgrow the one now in my moms car... so, looks like I may need to get another one anyway! She seems to like it though. She seems like such a big girl in it, I don't like it :(



Question: I know its safer to keep your baby rear facing for as long as possible, but, how are you supposed to when their feet are touching the back seat?? Aubrey is already almost out of room and she still has 3 months she has to rear face. hmmm..
Side note: I was looking through an article, and it was showing the average measurements for babies head, weight, and height.. Aubrey is exactly the size of a 12 month old! Actually, a little over on the weight.. oops. haha.

Here is Aubrey looking/tearing up the aforementioned article! And, all the other magazines I was going through! (I was tearing out all the stuff I was interested in so I could get rid of the magazines, guess she wanted to help!) :)

I still don't understand.




Congratulations for keeping up with my skitzo post!!
Talk about all over the place!! :)


2 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

I'm glad you congratulated me! It was skitzo-especially for me since I'm not a mom. I really should get a medal from you or something else to commemorate my constant reading of a baby blog :) hee hee. just kidding - I actually like reading about Aubrey :) See you at 4! :)

Anonymous said...

First... it's safer that she's rear facing whether her feet hit the seat or not (though I turned Carrie around at 11 months cause she HATED rear facing). Some parents keep them rear facing until they're part 3, cause it's the safest. Sounds like your girl has allergies, they can even come with fever, but not necessarily. Carrie has them too. We don't use the nose sucker, cause Carrie hates it at least as much.

I feel the same about 24. Like it's a milestone somehow. It feels old!

Sorry to hear about your conflicting emotions on MDO. It's goodthough that she can only be there 5 hours. That means you'll neverbe one of those moms who has to drop off at 6 and pick up at 6... that would kill me. I would miss her a lot if I had to leave her everyday, so i guess I'm lucky. But glad you like the teachers. Aubrey will be much more ready for kindergarden than carrie will. She'll be confidant and understand taking direction. I feel bad for Carrie'sfirst teacher.