Saturday, October 10, 2009

Unwelcomed Change of Events

So, its Saturday. The day Aubrey and I were supposed to be at the Arboretum taking our oh-so-cute fall pictures. But, super unfortunately, my little bitty got really sick last night! :(
I will try and not totally gross yall out with details!
It all started about 2 weeks ago really. Totally congested and runny nose, no fun. Then it seemed she was getting over that earlier this week. Wed. she went to her dads, and Thurs. when my mom picked her up Daniel said she had a diarrhea (sorry!) that morning. Odd, but.. ok. Then later that afternoon she had another. But, she was still eating and feeling just like herself so I thought nothing of it really. Then yesterday! Apparently she had another fun filled diaper that morning while I was at work, but my mom didn't seemed concerned (She was still acting her same ol self) so.. we meet Natalie and Lola at the new Super Target, which she seems to be fine there as well, then head to the mall.. still ok, has a bottle at and falls asleep. Great! So, when we get back home I let her play for a few minutes then realize she stills needs to be napping! So, lay her back down, and she's out! Around 5:30-6ish she wakes up, so I go in there to get her when I pick her up my hands are all wet. Uhh..??? Her pants were all wet! And, she STUNK!! Wonderful.. :/ I will keep this mild, but, it was quite possibly the worst smell EVER!! As I was changing her I seriously thought I was going to, uh, vomit! It was bad! So.. clean her up, and she starts playing. No biggie. But, then my mom suggests I just give her some cheerios and something real light for dinner, so I did. Which she didn't really eat much of. Then, my sis and our friend Amanda wanted to go to Target again (and I was still debating over a shirt I got for pics and wanted to look around some more) So, off we all go. Well, I wasn't really finding anything at Target, so I leave and go to Old Navy. I put Aubrey in the little buggy and as I'm wiping it down with my sanitizer wipes (can't be too careful!) she starts throwing up like crazy!! Aubrey has never thrown up in her almost 10 months, so, I was a little shocked. She threw up 3 times there! All over her, the buggy, the floor.. and me. So thankfully this girl was standing close by and saw what happened and could obviously tell I was going into panic mode and didn't know what to do! She goes and gets a bunch of paper towels as I'm trying to wipe Aubrey down with the sanitizer wipes! Finally, I strip her down! The girl kinda looked at me like "its cold outside.." so I quickly let her know I had blankets in the car! (At this point I'm almost crying! I have not had to deal with Aubrey being to miserable before, and I did not like it!!) So, I just kinda look at the mess like "???" and the girl goes "Don't worry about it! They will get it! Go!" (she said it nicely!) Thats what I needed to hear! So I told her thank you like 5 times and hit the door! As I'm strapping her in the people at the car next to me where like "uh, can we shut your door??" I kinda wanted to yell at them like "I'm busy!" But, I just said "Oh? yeah!" lol. Good thing I like like 5 minutes from Old Navy! I hurry and get home and as I'm getting her out.. she throws up again! All over her seat.. not good. Now, I'm really getting upset! I run into the house and yell for my mom, she takes her to the bathroom all calm like its no biggie, while I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off!! She tells me to go clean my car, so I do! I come back in and we take her temp, which read like 95.something, surely that wasn't right?? we get her dressed and while my mom is holding her trying to get her to drink some pedylite (sp?) or a bottle, she explodes on my mom from BOTH ends!! It came out of her diaper, through her pants and all over my moms pants.. di-sug-sting! So, we start all over getting her cleaned up! After that no more throw up or diarrhea, although, all of that took place within 30 minutes!! Call the pedi.. they finally call me back and suggest I take her to CareNow, but, they're closed. So she calls the on call Dr. and he suggests I take her to the ER! I really did not want to do that, considering everything going around and they would probably put an IV in her!! So, we kept giving her a little pedylite, which she hated! Poor baby was sooo tired! Finally, around 1:30 am, me and Aubrey lay down and mom said to wake her up in an hour and check on her and try and get her to drink a bottle. We did this on the hour for 3 hours! Which, she did end up drinking two 4 oz bottles during the night, and kept it all down! So I didn't think the ER was really needed.. does that make me a bad mom?? I just really felt that she needed to sleep, I mean, after someone throws up don't they just want to sleep? I do! But, I had to make sure she was getting dehydrated, so since she was drinking those bottles I was feeling more ok. When she woke this morning, she had a bottle and a little bit of a muffin.. then diarrhea! Grr! But, then no throw up and she was acting herself for the most part. She is drinking her bottles really good and keeping it in, so thats what matters!
Therefore.. we were not at the Arboretum :(
I absolutely hate that she is not feeling well! But, to be honest, I am totally bummed that we aren't able to go today! I was really looking forward to going. So, I called Brenda and she said we can do pics tomorrow at a park here in Mesquite and she knows of a church that has a pumpkin patch. I know that will be good and cute too, but, I just so wanted to go to the Arboretum. We will just make our own trip there :)
Aubrey is sleeping now, so, hopefully she will be in tip-top shape for pics tomorrow, and because I HATE seeing her like this!! It breaks my heart to see my baby not feeling good :(

Wow, that was really long. Sorry...

Please pray Aubrey gets to feeling better! :)

3 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

that is really gross. one time our nephew, Caleb, projectile vomitted on me. I almost threw up as well because it was so gross. I had just gotten done feeding his tomato sauce baby food (not really sure what it all was, but it was red). i am sorry that happened to you in public!! hope she is feeling better now :)

Anonymous said...

welcome to another mommy-hood milestone... We call them "explosions" and it's happened to us at restaurants (all over the back of her and front of me if you get my drift). And the vomiting thing while moving to TX when Chris deployed... FEEL FREE TO CALL FOR HELP!! First. There is NO reason to take a baby to the ER unless you think she's dehydrated and you can't fix it. That's all they'll do for her is IV (and flu test which is a blood test). If she's taking liquids, usually they'll say it isn't necessary (for carrie she was so bad she was screaming in pain from dehydration, so it was necessary).

When they vomit like that (with other end explosions) boil rice until it's mush and give her the water (cooled down of course) rice helps stop diarea (can't spell it either) water keeps her hydrated... so double whammy. Also it's basically a light meal cause of all the starch. (Carrie hates pedialyte too but drinks the rice water when sick).

Sorry to hear you were in panic mode. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon!! 903-413-7747 if you EVER need it!

Anonymous said...

Also (sorry for the novel here), I'd cancel tomorrow's plans. I woudn't take her anywhere that wasn't absolutely necessary for at least 24 hours after her last symptom (i keep carrie in at least 48 hours). Since she'll be recovering, her immune systen will be down. If she gets a chill at the park (even slight) or is exposed to anyone with a cold or any illness (even one they don't know they have) she could very well end up sick again.