Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cowtown Fun!

Saturday, I took Aubrey and Collin (Sarah had to work) out to one of my favorite places, Cowtown! (for those who may not know, that's Ft. Worth) (and, anytime I hear someone say Cowtown, I always want to sing "Big Ball in Cowntown" by Bob Wills!) We met up with my dad and his girlfriend to enjoy some St. Patty's Day festivities at the Stockyards.

I just love Ft. Worth.
Maybe one day I'll move there. :)

I've never really gotten into St. Patrick's Day, which shows by none of us wearing green. ;)

Our first stop, pictures with the longhorn!
Aubrey took herself a little seat as we waited.
A little people watching.
Collin was up first!

Then, my fearless little baby!



She was very interested in him.
And, then this is when the guy said its best not to get close to his head... oops.
But, how cute is that?? ;)
Off to get some balloons.
So, as were waiting to get the balloons, my dad went into the candy store right across the way just to get a couple of pieces for them. Well, he comes back empty handed and says the lines were crazy long and people were getting barrels full of candy (i think the store was called a barrel of candy, or something like that, haha). Then, he goes back in, and comes back out 10 seconds later with 2 pieces of candy. Hands them the candy. Then it hits me, he stole them!! He said the store would never notice. Geeze. Haha!
The kids eating their "tainted" candy!

After that, we go to eat lunch, at the worst restaurant ever! Seriously, I don't think the service could have been any worse. Anyway. So, as we wait, and wait, and wait.. the parade starts. So, my dad stays at the table while the rest of us go outside. I was totally bummed because we came out just as the cattle drive was ending. The part I really wanted to see! :)


Thought this one was pretty.
Haha!
After the parade, and by the time we finally finished eating, everything was ending. So.. we just started walking back. Or, in Aubrey's case, running.
She took over Collin's balloon sword, and attacked a very unsuspecting baby.
Dad's girlfriend, she's Hawaiian. She was nice, and really liked playing with the kids.
Aubrey was getting a kick out of G-Daddy popping around the fence!
Wild Child!
This (ridiculous) cop was going down the line of all these motorcycles writing out tickets! Apparently, they couldn't park there, but they could across the street. So, all of a sudden, all these people start rushing to their bikes, calling their friends, rolling bikes across the street. It was pretty funny! But, seriously, was that necessary?
Headed back to our car to head home. They look so cute. :)
Had a great time out there, wish it could have lasted a little longer though!

Both kids were asleep in the car within 10 minutes. Aubrey didn't wake up till about 7pm, when I made her! She was pooped!First time she has ever slept on the couch! I think that's pretty odd she hadn't before now, but, she always sleeps in a bed. No complaints though! Just glad I finally got this picture! haha.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday as well! :)

No comments: