Thursday, March 17, 2011

all grown up. mostly.

The time has come.
Well, came.

This past weekend, after a great 2 years and 2 and a half months, we bid adieu to the crib.
Yes, my baby is now in her brand new, fancy-shamncy big girl bed!!

And, let me tell you.... its been great! Shockingly great actually. Which just thrills this momma :)
(Which has really distracted me from that fact that she is growing up entirely way too fast!)

First, the "last night".
It was very dramatic ;)She was happy for the most part of our, um, staged, photoshoot.
(it wasn't really quite bedtime yet). She quickly got over it and wanted out! More reassurance why it was time to move to the bed.This is the closest she's actually come to climbing out, so I wasn't too worried. :)Such a sad a looking prisoner! Sheesh! The very last crib sleeping pictures. They have been my favorite pictures of her throughout her life. I really will miss them. (I know, its not that big of deal, I need to get over it, its just a bed.. blah blah blah.) Here's to hoping for sweet, and crazy, big girl bed sleeping pictures! :)


After our jam-packed day in Ft. Worth, she was completely worn out and slept on the couch till around 7pm. During her little nap, the big switcheroo took place.
When I woke her up, I got her a drink and let her wake up a little (come to find out, she was not awake nearly enough!) and kept telling her she had a surprise!

I thought video of her seeing her new bed for the first time would be great, except,
she was less than impressed.


So, I got her some marshmallows thinking that would surely do the trick.
Clearly it didn't work.
So, after some cuddling while watching one of her movies, a bath, and dinner... we were ready!!
And, lots of jumping.
To break it in of course. ;)
It was finally time to settle down and go to sleep.
Getting herself all situated.

Put on her Veggie Tales cd, and she was good to go! Saying our good nights!
Before I went to bed I snuck a quick pic of her sleeping away..
And, in the morning!
Such a big girl!!
I was really so proud of her, she didn't get out of bed once!! And, since then, when its time for bed she goes no problem! Only one time did she come out, but, I just told her to go back and she did! I was really expecting for her to get up a million times (like one of my friends kids- 17 time the first night!!!) but really, she's such a good sleeper, I shouldn't have been that surprised. Now, I'm not totally naive, I'm still waiting for her to start getting up!
But, until then, I'll just enjoy this. :)


Her headboard started off like this
So, I primed it and then spray painted it Heirloom White.
Which looks cream against the pink walls.

And, that amazing quilt? Canton find! I've been anxiously awaiting using it. I love it! Its not really a twin size though, its too short or something? So, I will need to get another light blanket to use too. But, still love it :)
I also forgot a bed skirt. Add that to the list as well.
The super cute teddy bear came from Etsy.
Nothing but the best for my baby. Pillowtop! ;)
Actually, I got a really good deal on her mattress... so good, I got me a new mattress too! Ha! Once I get all the finishing touches down I'll post full pictures of her room.
Hopefully I'll get most of it done this weekend.
That's the plan anyway ;)



So there you have it. I no longer have a baby, instead, a little girl who sleeps in big bed and is learning to potty train and is talking up a storm and loves to sing and is learning to do everything on her own.

Its a good thing her bed is big enough for me to get into now.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This post was so cute! I am not surprised she did so well, but am jealous! Haha! The videos were hilarious!!!!!!! ;) Love that she is doing so great in her bed!

Anonymous said...

She's so big!! I LOVE the bear with the bedding!!!