Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week in Review

I think that needs to be my title from now on..
considering I seem to only blog once a week now..
on a good week!
Why have I been slacking??
Hmm, oh well. It is what it is. :)

So, to start things off, this past Sunday I attended a super cute-o baby shower for Mommy-to-Be Morgan, who will be welcoming Sophia Brooke in September! Can't wait to meet this little girl!

I went with an all purple theme :) I forgot how fun it is to buy baby stuff! And, in just a year and a half there was already some new cool stuff that I wish-I-had-but-have-no-use-for-now, ha!

Seriously, 7 weeks left and look how amazing she looks!!

So, little Miss Thang has been real into writing/drawing. Which is totally cool.. except when I go in her room and find this!!
Pink pen on the rocking chair and ottoman. Lovely.(luckily, I got it off!)
Needless to say, I wasn't really thrilled (and also wondering where she got said pen...) and as I was documenting evidence, Aubrey wanted my camera.. which led to this..

Isn't she just a joy??
(she likes to arch her back back and walk backwards.. I guess that means I'll give in. right..)
This has been an almost daily occurrence.. for a couple of months now! Its getting worse as the days go on. Help!! If you so much as hint to "no", be prepared for a break down!
Let's no even talk about brushing teeth.. full on war...
I mean really, she's not even 2 yet.. I was supposed to get a happy child until at least 2..

Sigh.

BUT, there is a but!, when she is happy (which really is like 95% of the time) she couldn't be happier!
Natalie and I decided to brave this dang Texas heat (come on fall!!) and go down to the pond with the girlies.
We met up about 11am hoping to not completely melt, uh, sure.
I knew there were some new baby ducks (the nest was at our house! It was so fun to come home one day and see the eggs had hatched and there were like 10 baby ducks, so cute!) so we were on the hunt to go see them. Which we did. I think I was more excited than the girls, they only cared for about 5 seconds.
Oh well. They just wanted to run around, didn't they now it was already 100 degrees out, literally!
Poor girls, Lola's face was so read and Aubrey was drenched in sweat. Gross..
Aubrey checking out the ducks in the little creekShe was "quacking"!
But, I did get this picture, which could be the sweetest ever.

Afterward we went and got some lunch at good ol CFA, then we went home for some showers and gooodd llooonnnggg naps! Naps is plural because I got one too- yayayay!! :)

Lastly, yesterday the fam went out to eat to CiCi's and Aubrey devoured some pasta. It was all over her.. even her shoes? It was all good though because I was planning on letting her play in the sprinkler when we got home, ya know, to hose her down :)
I remembered that I bought some chalk from Target on clearance, 4 jumbo pieces for $1.24- nice! A couple were already cracked, but who cared? She was going to break them anyway! haha. So, I gave her the tip off of one that was already broken.. she loved it!
(Remember her liking to draw?)
Doesn't she write so good? ;) She would make a mark, take 2 steps, make a mark, etc. She even tried coloring the grass :)

And, her foot.

She kept laying on the porch.. what a weirdo.She looks so big like this :(Can you see the chalk in her hair? She's so sweet :)
Rub-a-dub.. this girl got a good scrub!! :)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Stephen and Kristen Dirks said...

love your posts.
just so know i check it frequently. aubrey is a doll. im sure not so much when she is screaming :)miss you!