Friday, August 20, 2010

the shirt says it all.

oh my my my my my.

aubrey is definitely pushing her boundaries lately.

sometimes its pretty funny, sometimes, not so much.

she likes to push things now.
if she doesn't want something, or someone, it gets a nice little shove.
she for sure knows what she's doing. yesterday, we were sitting at the table while she ate, and i'm not sure what our "argument" was about, but, she had a glass of milk (with no lid, a real cup) sitting in front of her, so in her defiance she looked at me then gave it a nice little push. but, a real light push because she new what would happen if she pushed any harder. trouble.
that's her thing now, pushing. yay...

one of the funny times though, i was sitting on the couch, and really just being an instigator, i put my foot out mid air. not in her way, not even bothering her. but all of a sudden, it was in her way and it was bothering her. so, she stood in front of me whining and grunting. swatting my foot. pulling out all the dramatics. pretty good show really :) the best part, she purposefully walked her big belly right into my foot and whimpered because she couldn't get past it. really? i'm so sure.
(pretty darn funny though)

this girl wears me out.

so, wednesday night, natalie and i took the girls to eat, all was going well.. until..
until aubrey wanted out of the highchair. she kept saying "down", I kept saying "no, and we all know that's a problem. well, she had had enough! she looked at me and with all she had grunted real hard then pointed her little finger right in my face and yelled "momma!" in total ugliness. me and natalie couldn't help but bust out laughing! it was bad though. i guess she thought natalie needed a good talkin' to because she got 'pointed' to too! ha!
she tried it again when we were in the car. i didn't laugh that time.
:)
those little shenanigans carried through the night. so, into bed we went. and, before i go on, i know i know, why do i let aubrey sleep with me?? well, because i like it sometimes :) and, i never have any problem with her sleeping in her bed, sometimes i just want to cuddle with her.
so there (natalie!) :)
well, unbelievably, we had a break through that night! for some reason, i just decided to not give her her paci and see what happened. i was prepared for a fight.. but, it never came!! she fake cried for like 30 seconds while feeling in my hands for it, but, i just kept talking to her in a happy voice and she forgot about it. now, i will say, it did take quite a bit longer to fall asleep. she seriously sat/layed (laid?) on my back and "talked" for 15 minutes straight. babble babble momma, babble babble duck, babble babble shoe... she just jabbered and threw in every word she new. it was sooo super cute! then she fell asleep. then i took her to her bed :)
and, she went the whole next day without it too! yay!
(i did give it to her the next night, ONLY because marvin ended up needing to watch aubrey right at bedtime, and i didn't want her to fuss with out me being there. although, i really do think she would have done fine with out it.. darnit. and, now she's at her dads so hopefully he's following through with the no paci?!)
(marvin had to watch her because we all needed to go see my grandmother, who did end up passing that night. please be praying for my mom, thanks.)

i'd say that's pretty promising for no-more-paci's!!

i was trying to get a pic of her in that shirt, since it was sooo fitting for that night.
and, of course, she wasn't cooperating.
what are the odds??

i asked her to look at me..
she looks like a well-fed gymnast ;)look at that belly! i seriously sometimes think it might just pop!thanks for the smile.. (got these pj's on clearance at target, pretty sure they are from the 4th, but, couldn't pass those up.
obviously that had aubrey's name written all over them!) :)


leaving tomorrow for arkansas! my brother is moving off to college..
i didn't think i was old enough to have a brother in his second year of college??
hmm.

be back with some exciting news!! :)

p.s.
i do soooo much love my little baby.
independence and all.
:)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Haha- you bought 4th of July pjs on clearance. :)