Tuesday, August 24, 2010

lots of pics and fun stuff!



I must warn, this post is going to be a little picture heavy.
I don't think anyone minds that though, right? :)

this past saturday, mom, sarah and i helped robert pack up and move away.
to school.. in arkansas!
robert was pretty excited, and i couldn't believe how much stuff he didn't take! guys.. ha!
i was totally impressed with the school, as soon as we parked and opened our doors about 3-4 people rushed over and started unpacking all his stuff. i think we got everything done in 2 rounds? amazing!! robert showed us around campus while mom organized all his stuff.
really funny, robert and his roommate (who he didn't know) had the same exact bedding, same exact poster, both had their guitars in the cases next to each other, and the same Toms! robert said "he's me.." lol! and, neither of them have ever had to share a room... so, this should be intersting :)
oh, he is going to Ouachita Baptist University. I don't think he could have picked a more perfect school for him! And, his girlfriend is there too.. i'm sure that had nothing to do with it ;)

digging into his food stash already.. thought this was funny.. this is one of the girls windows.. if you can't tell, that would be Edward! Haha!
We'll miss you!

While we were there, we stayed at a B&B.. that was actually a part of the across-the-street school, Henderson State.
It was beautiful!
As we were coming up on it, I started to say how pretty that house was and at the same time my mom said that's where we were staying.. I was excited! :)

The porch was sooo big. loved the big window!
our bedroom. (it had a little living room area too, very nice) not so much into all the decor per se, but, there were some details that i did love. especially the quilt on the bed! it was exactly what I am looking for.. think they'd sell it to me?? :) at the breakfast table they had this little itty bitty tabascos. i just thought they were so cute :)


can I have this house, please??

the doings of aunt sarah:


so silly :)


which, within 5 minutes aubrey took each and every bow off. i don't think i blame her though!

So.. great news! Totally paci free!!!! yippee!! No more keeping up with those darn things :)
Her dad apparently kept up his end because he said he never gave it to her.. and she hasn't wanted (or needed) it since she's been home either. AND, she even went down in her bed no problemo!! Honestly, I'm a little shocked at how easy this was. I really thought this was going to be a battle! Guess not- thank you Jesus!! :)

And, at her dad's he said he could tell she was in mid-potty, so he rushed her to the bathroom where she did a little bitty tinkle in the potty! Finally!
Which, brings me to my fun and exciting news:
Aubrey moved up to the 2 year old room Monday!!
That room seems so much "older" than her 1 year old room. Its so cute though! They were going with the way schools do grades and ages, thats why she moved now instead of December when she turns 2. I'm happy though- they do potty training in there! They have the cutest little toilet that is about 6 inches of the ground! lol!
So, since I was off monday I got to take her to her class- yayay!
Aubrey woke up a little upset (which was weird) so I got her out and thought I'd take her to the potty to distract her, well, it kinda worked. I sat her down and she just kinda layed/hugged on me half asleep, BUT, she went potty!!! I think we're making progress people! :)
I'm definitely not forcing or being too pushy with it all, she is only 20 months, but, she obviously is showing interest, so I'm going with it!

Leaving for her new class!

yes, I was the dorky mom with the camera, whatev.
(trying to get a pic of her by her name on the table- didn't really happen, obviously)checking out her friends name..playing with her friend Kaydance. They look alot alike, its funny. (can't tell in this pic though, sorry) checking out all the new stuff!On our way home from a great day!
And... I'm starting my full semester today.
Wish me luck.. lot's of math and science.
this is gonna stink.

:)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So we were both in Arkansas at B&B's this weekend. What a small world. I actaully kept talking about the time that we went to summer camp and Quachita. Hope Robert has a great time and loves college! I can't believe how big aubrey is getting!