Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm here.. I promise!

WOW! I can not believe its been like 3 weeks since I've blogged!! SORRY! :(
I'm still having trouble with my pictures, so, as soon as I get all that worked out I will post- lots of pictures!!

I almost don't even know where to begin?!

Well, I think I left off saying we were going to Houston to see our grandparents.. and, the trip wasn't totally awful either! Although, Collin did not sleep at all going or coming, and Aubrey, a little hit and miss. We got set up in the hotel Friday night, then met up at their house Saturday morning where they surprised us with going to see Disney on Ice!! At the beginning of August I took Aubrey to the circus, and she loved it! And even fell asleep! So, I was desperately hoping this little adventure would turn out just as well.. not so much. In August she wasn't walking and was ok with me holding her. Now, she just wanted down the whole time. She would watch, then fuss, watch then fuss. Until I finally took her out to change her and we just never made it back in because the show was ending. BUT, I enjoyed it!! Lol. It was really cute, I loved all the princesses and Its a Small World. I have lots of pics.. coming soon, promise!
Then we went out to eat, where Aubrey was in a great mood! Then the next day we (Sarah, Collin, Pawpaw, my uncle and 6 year old cousin, me and Aubrey) met up for lunch because my grandmother thought she might be getting the flu! Turns out it wasn't, but she still was feeling really bad. Then me and Sarah and the kids shopped around Old Town Spring, its such a cute little shopping area, if you're ever in the area you should check it out! I bought some chocolate coffee and am really wanting some more!! lol. Then we headed home. On the way, we stopped at Kolache Factory to compare to Marvin's, don't go there- gross! And we also stopped at another bakery.. can't remember where at the moment, it wasn't bad though.
All in all, a good weekend!

I guess after that was Thanksgiving!! My favorite holiday! I bought Aubrey a really cute little outfit, its looks babyish- which I want! haha. She loved all the food! Especially pumpkin pie with whipped cream! After lunch we all went and saw The Blind Side, which was great! I was sooo nervous taking Aubrey, since I have never taken her to a movie, because I did not want to be that person who brought their baby to the movies! But, if I didn't go.. me and Aubrey would have been left all alone! lol. But, amazingly, the movie hit right at her nap time and she fell asleep in Marvin's arms before it even started!! And didn't wake up till like the last 10 minutes!!! I was shocked! But will not be attempting that again any time soon! Beginners luck.. lol!

In other news, Aubrey has had 3 teeth break through! FINALLY! Her two front and a top side. These have been brutal coming in. So, I'm pretty much ecstatic they are here! Until the next ones start...

Little Miss has also been a little under the weather.. which sucks. She's had a yucky nose.. and now a cough. Which makes for some cranky days.. and nights. So, hopefully I will be able to get her into the dr. monday. No fever though, so thats good!

She has been really cute lately, she'll be off doing something and I'll look at her and put my arms out and act real excited and she'll come running to me and give me a big hug! I absolutely love it!

And, she is still walking around with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth. I think she does it because of her teeth coming in? She's a little weird..

In some sad news.. her birthday is in 2 weeks!!!!! Ok, its not really sad.. but, just a little bitter/sweet. I'm totally excited about her birthday and her turning one and her getting older and more interactive and all that.. but, she just won't be a baby anymore! Like, even with her clothes, ok, with us we can wear our summer clothes, put them away and wear them again next year. But, I'll put some of her clothes away knowing she will never be able to wear that again! Its just kinda sad. Its just kinda weird her not being a baby anymore. Although, I'm pretty sure I'm still going to call her baby :)
But, I really am excited for her birthday! The invites are out. I know what I'm doing for her cake (its really cute!). Bought some gifts! Just need to get some little party favors.. and plates and stuff, then I'm set! YAYAY! Oh.. I still need to do some 1 year old pics! Ok, so I guess there's still a bit on my to-do list! :)

So, I've also been redoing the hall bathroom. Its been much more of a task than I thought it'd be. Natalie has been so kind to help me tear down the wall paper and texture the walls! Thank you!! :) Yesterday I caulked and now I just need to paint. But, since I've been home all weekend with a sick baby, I haven't bought the paint yet. (speaking of, I have not left the house all day Saturday and today! Love it! sometimes its just nice to not go anywhere!) :)
AND... Aubrey is getting her own room!! I'm soo super excited about that! Robert has so graciously given his room up. His room was painted gray with black splatter (lovely) so I spent last night priming that. Not fun. And, just need to get the pain for her room now too. Yippee! I have seriously wanted to decorate my daughters room since before I was ever even pregnant! Even though its not under ideal circumstances.. I'll take it! (And, really, its not all that bad to be living at home. My family has really been a huge help!!) So, as soon as her room is all done up I'll get those pics up! :)
Although, its going to be really strange with her not in there with me anymore. I constantly listen for her breathing or feel for her breathing.. listen for her in the mornings.. I think its really going to throw both of us for a while. It was really convenient when she was a new born though, her being right there with me, but not actually with me. I only let her sleep with me in the bed less than 10 times. So, its been nice, but I think it will be good for us to separate! :)

What else?
I feel like there have been a bunch of things I wanted to write about.. and, now I can't remember all of it. Figures. I think I've hit all the big things though!

Sorry its all talk and no pictures! Once I feel I have a little extra time (ha!) I'll work on getting the pictures on here! (Does anyone else's Mac constantly tell them their "start up disk is almost full" even though you have deleted anything extra and your pics that you do have on the comp aren't taking up that much space?! Seriously! I can't figure out what to do?? Hence why the news pics can't be uploaded. HELP!!) :)

Alright.. on to laundry :)

No comments: