Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catching Up!

Oh my! Looks like a lot of catching up is in order!! Where to begin.. ????

As most of you know, I am no longer working at the daycare, and am now working at the bakery! The bakery? Yep, my parents finally got it up and running- we are in week two! We were off to a bit of a slow start, but we are really starting to pick up! Which is great! There is a school across the street and about 5 of the ladies there have been in several times, and are referring people like crazy! Yay! And, they are wanting us to do breakfast for about 75 people twice, when school starts. sweet! The only thing that kinda sucks.. I have to be there AT 5:30 am!!! yuck-o-rama! But, we close at 2 pm so, even if I stay the whole time, I guess its not awful.. :) 
(by the way, the bakery, Hometown Cookie Co. is in Grapevine 6am-2pm. We do catering and deliveries. We have breakfast foods, plus a bunch of sweets! We will soon be adding lunches at the bakery, but right now you can request them for large orders. Check out the site! Its still a work in progress.. but, it is functioning, please feel free to leave any feedback!) :)
Since I leave so early (about 4:45!) I'm not there when Aubrey wakes up. The first couple of days weren't so bad... now, I pretty much hate it! My cousin has been watching her at the house, which is good because her and Aubrey really get along. Even so, she's not with me. I'm so so so not used to that! I have been so incredibly blessed to have been able to stay home with her for her first 2 months, then went to work with her, in my class, then take her home and be with her all day!! I know that even getting off at the latest at 2 is rare and I should be very grateful (which I am), but I just miss her. It's a hard thing. 
On that note, if anyone out there knows of  a Mother's Day Out in Mesquite or Grapevine that runs on Monday's and Wednesdays.. PLEASE let me know! I've pretty much called all the churches in Grapevine, she is either too young or they only offer tues/thurs. Or, if anyone knows someone (or themselves) that are interested in keeping the absolute sweetest little 7 month old baby girl (shameless plug, I know!) please let me know that also.. I would sooo appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Ok, next! 
Speaking of sweet 7 month old baby girls.. thats Aubrey!! She is 7 months!! Geeze, does time fly or what?! She is really getting around crawling now, its pretty cute! AND I'm pretty sure I  heard her say "ma" at dinner the other night!! It's only been once, and I'm not sure if she knew she did it... but we're getting closer!! You would think she would have said "mama" by now considering that I've been saying it to her since she was about 2 months old- about 100x a day! hee hee! Although, she is a little chatter box- non stop! "gagaga" or she just kinda screams, like, "hello, are you listening to me?!" its pretty funny! She makes all kinds of sounds, she's got the B sound down, and I think she's working on her R's, which seems odd, but sounds like it to me! I think it will be so weird to hear her actually say a word- what will it be?? what will she sound like?- Like a little mini-voice? lol. As much as I want her to be at that stage where she's really interactive and can communicate, I really do hate that the baby stage is going by so incredibly quickly! 

Here are some new things she's up to:
-She can stand holding on to something. But, I wouldn't leave her.. 
-She is crawling great! 
-She is eating finger food snacks- little dissolving puffs
-She is talk, talk, talking! 
-She is using a sippy cup! well, sort of. She is using it more to chew on and something to yell at, with an occasional drink :)
-She is taking a bath in the big bath tub- no baby tub anymore! (well, for the past few weeks now) and girl, does she love it! She just splashes all around, and tries to crawl, and until I got the bath mat, it was pretty impossible and way funny to watch her try! 
-She is pulling herself into sitting position!
-She is teething- and it sucks! She has never been a fussy baby, and now, a different story. -She still is pretty happy for the most part, but, when she starts, she really starts! Which I must confess, its wearing me out!! As her I'm sure! This week she has been waking up between 2:45-3:30 just so whiny, I try to get back to sleep, which usually takes a bottle then about an hour of playing!!!!! Like I said, its wearing me out. Not a lot of sleep at night+fussiness during the day= cranky mom and baby.  
Other than doping her up (lol) ANY suggestions??? 
-And, I think her face is changing.. 

What else? 
This past Saturday I went with Lauren, her husband Casey and his friend Jeremiah (no! it was NOT a double date! lol) to the lake! We took the boat out and water skied and tubed- lot's of fun! Although, the water skis don't seem to be my friend. After 3 attempts at getting up and resulting in face plants.. I called it quits for the day! But, I will try again! :) It was a great time, the weather was good, the water felt wonderful! Ready to go again! Thanks Lauren! :)

Also, last week, me & Aubrey 7 months, Sarah & Collin 4, Jenny & Landon 5, Amanda & Jake 1, all got together at Jenny's.. when we then decided to ALL go to Target!! Amazingly, it wasn't that bad! Probably because we strapped them all into the buggies! haha.. made for some funny pictures though! :) 

Picture time!

Aubrey crawling! (she's got her serious face on, lol!)

"hey, what do I do with these?
"Oh yeah! Put them in my mouth- duh!" 
The start of our playdate! (And, also Aubrey's 7 months!)
All strapped in and ready to go!
Jake holding Aubrey's hand.. aww ;)
"Thanks Aunt Jenny for my new baby- I love it!"
Playing with her baby (yes, I do know this one is way blurry.. but its the only one I got that looks like she's smiling! haha)
All of em passed out on the way home!




And, this is what she did when she got home! Girl, you better sit down! (good thing I lowered the bed!) 
Yummy??
Better hold on baby!
Fun in the bathtub!
Getting ready to get that duck!
(Apparently my eyes are worse than I think.. all of these pics are blurry!! I guess I should wear my glasses more.. )

Fun times tubing with Lauren!
Casey pulling Jeremiah.. Ay Ay Cap'n!
So, my mom always gets the bright idea to give Aubrey these Devil snacks- biscuit biters! They are THE messiest snack EVER!! And, everyone thinks its so funny that I have to clean her up. Wrong. 
But she loves them. 
:)

I feel like I need to apologize for the bad, bad, blurriness of these pictures.. man. 

(Oh, I started on this post earlier today, then went somewhere, when I got home I noticed I had a comment from Brenda on my previous post, HILARIOUS! I laughed! Well, here ya go!) :)

I think that catches me up.. for now anyway! I promise I won't wait 5 years till my next post again!! :) 

3 comments:

Brenda Bates said...

Cute, cute, cute. I'm not sure if you girls were brave or crazy for taking all those kids to Target!! That last picture with Collin made me LOL.

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

1-i have never in my life heard of a biscuit biter.
2-aubrey's hair is getting longer.
3-the picture of casey pulling jeremiah on the tube looks artsy-good job!

see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

#1 Keep that boy away from little innocent Aubrey, holding hands...what kind of girl does he think she is??

#2 LOVE the pic of her in the bath tub chasing the duck

#3 Chewing on the crib.... kinda a sign of teething, lol

and Finally #4, biter biscuits are really the devils snack... I hate those things. have you tried Zwieback toast... much easier to clean in my experiance.