Wednesday, April 29, 2009

several things:

-first-
I just finished this totally hilarious book 

I don't know if my hormones are still a little off, (which "they" say it can take up to a YEAR for them to go back to "normal"!), or if my life is just really lame right now.. but, I was seriously laughing out loud!! This is a must have for all new moms, expecting moms, or anyone who is considering to have kids (haha). Here are just a few of the great quotes: (first let me say, the breast feeding chapter, titled Lactose Intolerance, is by far the funniest! I could quote the whole chapter!)
If I hear "breast is better" one more time, I swear I'm going to strangle myself with a forty-five dollar nursing bra... Whether you breast feed or not, you need to be prepared for the Tit Terrorists." .. "I did keep trying.. until my Vicodin ran out. Then all hell broke loose.  I cannot believe a loving God intended us to breast feed out babies sober." 

"my husband and I, paranoid first-time parents that we were, took a safety course for infants and came away with all sorts of new fears. The biggest one was that our baby would surely suffocate if we put crib bumpers in her crib. The bumper police had us convinced that babies' faces are drawn to bumpers like Tara Reid is to apple Martinis. Its absurd." 

ok, ok, that is all I guess. its super funny though.. to me at least :) 

-second-
I bought this book at, my now favorite store, TJMax! I know, I know.. where have I been?! well, not in that store in probably like 10 years, so when I went a few weeks ago, I was amazed! It's better than Ross! lol. I have bought a couple of other things too.. like a baby craft book for  ONE DOLLAR!! sweet! :) and a "mom spa" book! haha.. good stuff! and a few other things..
which leads me to.. 

-third-
On my trip to TJMax tonight, I did something I have yet to do, something pretty monumental.. 
I used her small diaper bag! 
for those who have seen the diaper bag I usually use, it pretty much holds everything I would need for a week! But I tell ya, I use the stuff in there quite a bit! so I haven't felt bad about carrying it around! :) But I figured since I was just going to one store, she had just ate.. I would just throw a diaper, bib, and a blanket and I would be good.... and I was! LOL! 
its quite an accomplishment... 

-fourth-
so, here is where everyone can say a big, fat duh! 
so, I was doing laundry the other day, I had put in all Aubrey's baby stuff in the washer and I really wanted my bra washed too, my new Victoria's Secret bra. I wasn't going to do another load then so I figured it would be all good right? yeah.. until I pulled it out and EVERY single VELCRO bib was hanging from it!!! DUH!! the bra is still ok, just a couple of fuzz spots.. :( so.. lesson learned? oh no.. not till after I put her crotched blanket in there, again- every bib.. 
geeze!

-fifth-
so, last night I got all emotional and wanted to act like Aubrey was just a wee little baby again and cuddle with her in my bed like I used to to get her to bed. and sometimes I would have her lay next to up against my leg while I read. it was very sweet. and that used to be our bedtime ritual.. up until I could lay her in her bed and she just goes to sleep on her own.. till the morning!! But my bright self thought it would be good to turn  back the hands of time and totally throw off her nightly routine! needless to say, she got a little agitated and the moment was over. she still went to bed pretty easy, but it just made me kinda sad that she has changed so much that I can't be all cuddly with her to get her to fall asleep like we used to :( but that should be a good things right? I mean, who wouldn't be happy that their baby can just fall asleep in their bed and be done! lol! again.. lesson learned :)

so why was I emotional??.. 

-sixth-
Because my friend Natalie just had her little, baby girl LOLA! yay! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I was lucky enough to go and see her and hold her for a few minutes!! She is just the cutest and sweetest little girl :) I am so happy for Natalie- you did a great job! I can not wait for our play dates!! 


-seventh-
well, I think that about sums everything up.. for now anyway!! :) 
Love to all! 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe she is really here... and thanks, a big thanks, for blow drying my hair at the hospital... it made me feel better! LOL!!! Play dates are not far away! Yayayaya!

Natalie said...

How did you not know about TJ Max? And your diaper bag is huge! I can't figure out how you carry that and Aubrey in the carrier. I better work out my arms!

Oh and I totally want to borrow the book? Sounds so funny- but looks like I am the better mom because I am breastfeeding! Haha- totally kidding and I won't be a "tit terrorist." Who cares. The can of formula on my counter tempts me every day to make the switch... but the shedding weight persuades me to breastfeed. Either way- we have pretty and healthy girls!