Saturday, April 11, 2009

Detoured

I have been meaning to write this post for a few days now, but I keep getting detoured. 
I have come upon this other blog that I keep looking at whenever I get on, which leaves me feeling that these things that I am wanting to write about are very insignificant. 

This blog has broken my heart. 

I won't go into a lot of details (it should be on my list, so if anyone is interested y'all can go read it) but basically this mother was pregnant and at 20 weeks found out that her daughter had some problems that were going to be fatal. There is a video posted of parts of the 2 1/2 hours she and her family got to spend with the little girl before she died. I just can't imagine. This story has just really made my heart heavy. Everyone always says when they are expecting "oh, I just want a happy, healthy baby!" But I think people really take those words for granted. I know I did. I look at Aubrey and I am just so very very blessed that I do have a happy and healthy baby and I don't ever want to take that for granted. At my work, one of the new babies in my class (whose mom also works there) has some issues, she has a track in her head to drain fluids around her brain. Every time I look at her I just think its so unfair. But there is a reason for everything, God knows what He is doing with every child and every family, so even though I may not understand why some moms have to have a child with an illness or have problems with their development, or why some babies go to be with Him after such  a short period of time, He knows what He is doing and I just have to trust that. 
I will continue to praise God for the child He has given me and pray, pray, pray for the ones they may need a little extra help. 

(sorry if this sounds depressing, this ladies story has just really touched me and I wanted to share how I was feeling about it. I encourage everyone to read it, her strength and faith is amazing!) 

I guess I will awkwardly transition now.. 


I have come across two things I am pretty excited about. 
1. These are amazing! 
They are rubber labels that you can customize with your child's name (or anything you want to put really). 
They are dishwasher and microwave safe. 
They fit EVERY bottle and sippy cup!!




2. I know its WAY early to be even thinking about this.. but I bought something for Aubrey's birthday! :) And it can be used for all birthday's to come! 
I think its really cute, I guess it's nothing that special, but I like it! It's made out of metal and you put it in your yard. I have a tradition that I think I'm going to do involving this little sign.. every year I'll have her sit (or stand, whatever) by it and have a photo album just for these pictures, so that you can see how much she changes every year on her birthday :) corny and dorky? maybe.. but I don't care :) 

Those are my latest finds :) 

I guess to end this (since I have forgotten some of the things I was going to say, and I need to get ready for my cousin's wedding shower! :) ) here are some cute-o pictures of my little bitty :) 
Love this little girl!! :)

1 comment:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

i LOVE the 2nd picture of Aubrey in her crib. she makes me laugh. btw, i think the yard sign picture idea is cute :) i bet she'll even be able to stand at the first one!