Wednesday, May 11, 2011

momma lovin

Oh Mother's Day.
I always set such high expectations for holidays, or just "fun" days in general.
But, with a 2 year old... why??
;)

The day started off with us going to church, and since we were dressed nice (and, kinda matchy :) I wanted to get a quick pic. But, of course, we were running a little behind so I decided I'd just get one later. Sarah and Collin rode with us, and by the time I got to Aubrey's class it was full. Yay...
So, we go in an overflow room where people take their kids with them. Good thing there were some other toddlers in there too, or I might have been a little embarrassed! :) With about 10 minutes left, Aubrey was done "sitting still". So, we went outside to the little pond area and waited a bit before Sarah went and got Collin. By this point, Aubrey's dress is nice and wet from playing in the water. The girl loves water!! At one point, one of the security guys came over and said they were making bets on if she'd jump in! Haha!!

After church, we met the rest of the fam (minus Robert) at Chuy's in Dallas. We sat outside.. which ended up being very nice and very annoying! Our table was seriously slanted, so we asked for a new one, and oddly enough, no can do. really? And, during all of this, Collin and Aubrey are playing around the patio area, much to my not wanting. But, due to our crappy table, we got 50% taken off our bill! Sweet! :)

So, now, we're all hot and Aubrey is already pushing past her nap time.. but, we decide to head to Northpark while Mom and Marvin go see his mom.
We get there and get some ice cream and then go to the little kiddie library.
Because that's what I want to do on mother's day! ;)

They had some little crafts set up, so, I attempted to get Aubrey interested in doing one. She lost what little interest she had once she realized it was going to take a few minutes to put the stuffing in the pillow... so, I finished it.
She then did her own thing. Coloring took top priority!
Collin played some games on the computer.
Which I took as prime timing to do a little reading for myself, a nice little article about Miranda Lambert :)
Aubrey joined Collin.. quite excitedly!
Then, she took over :)
After much kicking and screaming, literally, we went outside to let them run free in the courtyard. I've decided we need to go there more often.
Finally, I was able to get our picture together :)
All hot and sweaty. Aubrey, not me of course :)
As a "happy mothers day" to me.. I ordered myself this sheet set I've had my eye on! I absolutely love this website, there are so many things I want! House8810- check it out!! Or don't, you'll probably be better off ;)
Nothing better than coming home and finding a nice box waiting for you, with these words on the inside:
So, I did.
They're just so fun, and bring some nice color into my room. Happy! :)

I just love being a mom.

No comments: