Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Growing Up!

So, Monday was Aubrey's first day at daycare! I was a little nervous. As I had been looking at different daycares, I kept comparing them to the one I used to work at and the classroom I was in. But, I was in the infant room.. which Aubrey is no longer in. She is now in the toddler room! So, I kept thinking of how things were supposed to be done, until I reminded myself that to think of the next class up. In her class, they provide all her snacks and lunch (nice!) and she sleeps on a mat! I was really nervous about that, because obviously she doesn't sleep on one at home, but, they say she is sleep the full two hours! I'm not surprised though- she is a great sleeper! Well, I'm not surprised with the length, just that she actually slept on the mat! ha! According to her teachers, she is eating good, sleeping good and playing with the other kids good! Yay! What else is there?! :) And, they have their own little outdoor play area when the weather is nice.. so thats cool, I know she'll love that! Every time we leave the house or get out of the car to come into the house, she throws herself out of my arms so she can run around in the yard.. she gets so excited! I love it! Also, she is really starting to imitate more words and sounds now. Supposedly, she has said "juice" multiple times at daycare, but I've yet to hear it. Hmm. Although, she did almost say "milk" and "grandma".. we're getting closer! She does say (over and over!) "goo-ka" or "coo-ka"??? Haven't quite figured out what that means yet?! lol. Let's see.. she loves to be chased around! And now she is running from us! Its so funny, I'll have to get a video! And, no matter where we are, if I say "lay down"- she does! She's even laid down on Jed's (our dog!) back! Crazy kid!
I'm sure there are some other new things going on in her world, but, I can't think at the moment- distracted by her and Collin playing like crazy people with some toy in here! She loves her cousin!!


Ok, well onto some completely unrelated pictures :)

Just having fun outside!Then, we took the fun inside.. the light coming through her window made for some cool pics.. I think, anyway :)

And, my newest favorite! I'm going to enlarge it and hang it in her room- I just love how happy she looks- and with her crazy new smile! haha!
Just a few after church this past Sunday.. aren't those shoes the cutest!? ;)Again, with the crazy smile :)I'm pretty sure this was the same Sunday during her nap.. thats a new position!
OH! (I started working on this last night) so, today, when I picked Aubrey up from daycare they told me she didn't sleep good today, which I thought was a little odd since she had been. Well, apparently she was being too loud playing at nap time and they took her down to the office for her nap!! LOL! Which, the director was holding her and she totally passed out! 1 year old and already sent to the office..
:)

Ok, that's it! Till next time..

2 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

I especially like the black & white one and the one where she is playing with xylophone! :)

Natalie said...

This has been my favorite post! I just really enjoyed it! Maybe because I haven't been around yall much! I like the new header too! I loved the picture you said you were going to blow up and I had another favorite! Too cute! Keep on talking Aubrey! "Loooo-laaaaa." How cute will that be when they can say each other's name?
Well back to work for me today...