Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Opinions/Suggestions Welcome!

Pink eye update: GONE! Yippee! Still a little stuffy nose, but, other than that we're good to go!

Daycare is still going good. Although, she is going through some major separation anxiety! With her now being 13 months I figured we were way past that and she just never had a problem with it, but then I started thinking about it and she started getting that way towards the end of MDO in December. Just a little fussy when she was dropped off, didn't think too much of it though. Then she was home until beginning of January, so that probably didn't help. She actually did really well the first week of daycare. But really, its anywhere we go. Church nursery, at the house if I leave the room, doesn't matter where or who we are with- she wants me! Its a little exhausting at times, and makes me really sad. If it was only happening at the daycare I would be way concerned, but, its anywhere. She just clings to me for dear life, starts crying, doesn't want to be put down, the works. At church the other night, I dropped her off in the nursery and she was pretty upset. So I waited outside the door for a few minutes till she calmed down. About 20 minutes later I walked outside and could see her room through the window, and she was sitting on the floor with one of the teachers with some toys. She seemed content, so I went up to my class (MoneyWise!). About 40 minutes into the class they called me to come and get her! First time I've ever had to do that! Apparently she just would not calm down. She would act like she was going to fall asleep then wake up crying. Poor kid. Seriously broke my heart.
I think I'll be leaving her with my mom during the rest of the class now.
Hopefully all of this will pass soon.. its just sucks! Makes us so both pretty sad.

Also, lately I've been noticing more that Aubrey has some in-toeing going on (a nice way to say pigeon toed!). I've looked up some stuff about it, and everything I've read so far says that she'll grow out of it and it will correct itself. Unless, its severe enough for some medical intervention. A lot of the time its from how they were positioned in the womb, or their shin is turned, or her knees and hips are turned! Possibly her shins or how she was in the womb, would be my guesses anyway. Her right foot is turned in more than her left. She walks just fine though, and has been since about 9 1/2 months! But, I feel like its not getting better though. People say high top shoes may help.. so I may look and see if I can find some? Anyone have any thoughts on this?? If she wasn't walking good or tripping a lot I would be way more worried, but, that really isn't the case.. it just looks uncomfortable. I think I will make her a doctor appt. this week hopefully. I switched pedi's, so we'll see what his opinion is.

Ok, on to some pics :)

The other night after dinner we all fixed ourselves some ice cream, and heaven forbid we do not give Aubrey hers first! She decided picking up the chunk of ice cream would be a lot more efficient than using a spoon!She got pretty messy! I think she got a brain freeze at one point, because she got real upset!
Little stinker got so messy and fussy I had to give her a bath before I even had my first bite! They even saved mine in the freezer, but I never made it back to it :( lol.

After her bath, put on her jammies and let her brush her teeth! She loves brushing her teeth! Hopefully that will carry on as she gets older!

I think its hilarious how she holds her toothbrush! Night-Night!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Well I understand how it feels with the separation anxiety! Hang in there, because I doubt this will last too long then you will miss the lovey, clingy baby!

And I thought more about her feet... and I think you should definitely give it time. Her feet easily turn straight without causing discomfort to her (so it seemed), so I bet they will correct themselves- but I know how stuff likes this can wear on your mind! A little similar to Lola's head! I'll be interested to see what the pediatrician says!

You are a great momma'! Loved the pictures! I get jealous of seeing Aubrey's sleeping pictures in HER CRIB! :)

Anonymous said...

1/2 the pics won't show up for me :(

The seperation anxiety is not only normal ather age but expected. There are two definate milstones os seperation anxiety that they're SUPPOSED to hit (oh the things you learn when your kid had therepies twice a week). One at 11-13 months and another at 18-20 months. Carrie hit them both on schedule and was over it in a month or two (and during the first I was called to pick her up from daycare too, heartbreaking I felt like an evil mommy)

I agree on the feet. I'd ride it out. it doesn't effect her balance and they're not "stuck" that way (there are pics where her feet are clearly pointed in and others where they're clearly straight).

Anonymous said...

and yay on the gone pink eye... I got it the week before I delivered Katie, so I feel for Aubrey!