Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And the Slacker Award goes to..


Wow, I think I'm about to get kicked out of blog land if I don't post stat!! 
Geeze, pathetic! Sorry.. :(
BUT! I'm back now, and really am determined to not fall off the face of the earth again, really, I promise :)

Well where to begin in my oh-so-exciting life??? 

Work at the Bakery is going good- we are really picking up speed! Monday I even went out and did some marketing, took some trays with all sorts of goodies to some Dr.'s offices- all ladies working of course, I'm sure they were appreciative :) One lady was super excited and asked for more brochures so she could pass them out to her friends at her get together that night, yay! (Apparently there really isn't a bakery in Grapevine.. ??) 
Me and Marvin (the baker) have been doing a lot of brainstorming on how to market and advertise. Really, the main goal is to get a lot of businesses/schools/churches/etc. so we can just do big and frequent catering jobs. And, then the actual store will just be a bonus! I've put together several trays already and delivered some of them, I would much rather do that! Its more fun I think :) We ("we" as in "Marvin and my mom with my help" lol) are also really trying to get our internet sales up and going- their plan for me is to get that going well enough that I could just stay home and "man" the computer, that way I could be at home with Aubrey- I am so in on that plan!! Soooooo... if anyone would like some super yummy goodies, and I know they are since I seem to be eating all of them every day- NOT GOOD!!, let me know and I can fix it right up for ya! :) I will soon have a bakery blog where special promos and offers will be available, and people will also be able to order on it.. cool! 

Next!

Looks like I didn't make it to school this semester. I'm pretty bummed about it actually. (well, to an extent) For some reason I'm still really on the fence about teaching. And, I'm not really sure why?! Everyone just keeps reminding me that every time Aubrey is out of school, so will I  be. I know. But I just don't know if teaching is what I really really want to do?? Actually, every time I picture myself teaching I picture me in a public school, but when I picture Aubrey in school I picture her in a private school... so, IF, I do whole-heartedly go with Education, I think I will teach in a private school. I think I only see myself in public is because all the teachers I know are in public. 
I just hate that its taking me forever to finish school! Which honestly didn't really bother me that I was behind every one else some, until I had Aubrey. Now, I really need to graduate. I suppose. I mean, really, if I had a good job that I really enjoyed and I paid my bills and had some left over, I think I would be just fine with that. Which I  do, but... not enough to add rent to that list.. yet. I just want to be with Aubrey as much as possible, is that so much to ask for?? :) 

Bleh, enough of that :)

Aubrey is EIGHT months old now!! When did that happen?! 
So, I think I am ruining her (or maybe not!). Usually when I'm eating, depending on what it is, I will let Aubrey have some of it, which, she always loves! The problem is: she won't eat her baby food now-well, barely! (Except those sweet potatoes!) Which, is fine I guess, if I knew more of what I could give her now! Giving her anything bigger than a pen dot scares me to death! Ok, maybe thats a bit of an exaggeration, but still. My biggest fear is that she will choke! Pretty much every one I know tells me to "Just give it to her!!" But, WHAT IF SHE CHOKES?!?! But then if I take the 'real' food and kinda blend it up she doesn't want it. She is tired of mush. And I don't blame her! 
If anyone out there has some good transitioning food tips please let me know! 
(Although, I make that last question with a little hesitation, "people" sometimes just want to take over. I know they just want to help or think they know best, and what she should or should not be doing/eating, even though I am the mother, it gets a little frustrating. I know I can get an "Amen" from every mother out there! Because EVERY mother out there knows those "people"!! haha! But, I really do want some suggestions!) :) 

Also, Aubrey is all over this house! She pulls up and stands on everything! Nothing is safe! She is finally crawling on her knees (all the time), she has been for about a weekish now, and she gets around pretty darn quick! 
Also, she has recently become a bit more vocal, and not in a good way. This girl will SCREAM at you like someone is just stabbing her in the back! Geeze, if this is a prelude to tantrums.. I'm in big trouble!! Where do they learn this at such a  young age??!??

-sigh-

Anyone else ready for fall???? Man, I never really had a problem with Texas summers.. but, throw a baby in there and you start melting in a matter of seconds! No lies, by the time I walk out of the door, to my car, with her on my hip and all of her crap, I mean, sweet baby belongings!, and strap her in her seat- I am dripping sweat! I get a sweat mustache every time.. HAHA!! jk :) But, seriously, come on fall!!! :)

Ok, ok, blah blah, where are the pictures right?? Well, there are none. 

Oh, Just kidding! Who wants a blog with no pictures?! :) 

You know, trying to help with the laundry :) 
Does this girl know how to pose or what? 
We went down to the pond on her 8 months, it was a little spontaneous, so they aren't the best of the best pictures! But, she's still super cute-o :) 
Her hair looks so red in this picture! 
Kinda a goofy face.. lol. 
After that sweaty adventure(!), scrubbed her down and took some pics in her new jammy's!
I got her laughing good! (she laughs sooo much when she's tired!!) 
Not the most flattering of pictures, but you can see her sweet little baby teeth!! 
Is she not the sweetest?? ;) 
They just love each other. She gets so excited when he gets home! 
He started tickling her.. goofy kids. :)

Its my favorite when she's in her pj's :)

Ok, I promise I won't wait forever for my next post! My fans are getting angry.. hee hee :) 
<3

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Finally crazy girl!

Loved all the pictures!

AND I'll give ya an "AMEN!" :)

We need to have one of our play dates next week! I need to see little Miss Aubrey!

Talk to ya soon- I got to get to bed!
Thanks for all your counsel lately!

Anonymous said...

aww, that last picture of aubrey is the cutest! :) so i'm reading blogs while i'm at my partner school - maybe you should leave me a comment so i have something to read on my next free period. haha