Friday, September 26, 2008

My poor arms!


So, went to the doc again today! After not eating anything after about 7:15 last night, I was just a bit hungry by the time I go to the office. They take my blood right away and give me this nasty glucose drink that you have to finish in 5 minutes, then wait an hour and have my blood taken again.. repeat two more times!! (well, not the drink) (the test takes 3 hours!) My arms are still bruised from a week and a half ago from that appt., and from last sat. when I went to the ER! so after FOUR more sticks my poor arms look awful!! and they are so sore! It sucks! by the last draw they couldn't even get any blood out of my right arm! and having my blood taken is sooo not one of my favorite things! after the first draw and the drink I was feeling very nauseous and wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the test, bc if I were to throw up then I have to come back another day and start all over! So I pushed through! Definitely not a fun thing! So cross your fingers, toes, and everything else that I don't have this stupid diabetes!! And go back to the doc. for just my regular appt. on Oct. 1... if I have to have blood drawn again I'm going to go crazy! (which I have had to do at EVERY appt. I have been to!!) Ayiyi!! only 3 more months.. :) 

2 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

that sucks!! i hope the test comes back negative!!

Anonymous said...

ouch! i read your blog yesterday, but i didn't see the picture of your arms until now! definitely looks painful...

well it was good talking to you today lady! hope you have a good week with minimal crying =)