Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Princess Turns 5

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, I can’t believe Aubrey is 5! That just sounds so much older. 4 was a great year, so I’m hoping 5 is even better :)

I was really excited about this party, just thought it would be so much fun to have a princess party with “royal” makeovers- I think it was hit, all the girls really seemed to enjoy themselves :)

I kept the party girls only, small and extra girly!

(All the party pics are on FB, too many to put on here)

As the girls arrived, they were directed to either the hair station with Emily or the nails and makeup station with Sarah. If both were taken, they could make their own wand.. or just play. :)

Then, each girl got her own little photo shoot, then a group shot- which was a little challenging.

The menu: pink cupcakes, strawberries and whip cream, and princess popcorn (popcorn with butter, marshmallows and a little strawberry jello mix melted over the popcorn to make it pink) and hot chocolate. :)

Each girl was also able to take home their tiara, wand, clip on earrings and a ring, and a little pack of princess tattoos.

DSC_0842DSC_0873DSC_0874DSC_0878DSC_0913DSC_0915DSC_0922DSC_0935

And of course, our annual pictures by the birthday sign :)

DSC_0953DSC_0955

It was a great party!

Then, on her actual birthday, I went out and got some donuts for us all before she woke up, so we all enjoyed those and just kinda hung out until Philip had to go to work. Later that afternoon I took her to see Frozen. She was SO excited to see it, but I think she was a little disappointed, unfortunately. It wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be, and there was a little bit of a scary part she didn’t like. But, over all, I think she still enjoyed it. In any case, it was a fun afternoon for us :)

She had also really been wanting to give some money to “the guy that rings the bell”. She found some money she had in her room, put in her purse and told me she wanted to give some money to someone that needs it. I was so proud that she realized she wanted to do this all on her own. Well, all week she kept forgetting to get her purse when we would go out, so finally on her birthday, she remembered her purse (even took into the movies). After the movie, we went by Kroger specifically so she could give her money. I told the guy she had been wanting to give some money, hoping he would kind of make it a big deal to her- he didn’t. Bummer. But, I made sure she knew that it was a great thing she did, love her giving heart :)

DSC_0241DSC_0242DSC_0243DSC_0244DSC_0245DSC_0246DSC_0248

All of her posing's are killing me, not sure where the over-the-shoulder look came from?! haha

IMG_7461

The only picture I got of both of us, darn flash gets me every time.

IMG_7465IMG_7467

Love this girl so much!!!

No comments: