Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas, one of my favorite times of the year. I tired to soak up this being Aubrey’s last one as an only child. I’ve actually never referred to her as that, an only child. I think because I’ve always known there would be more children, it was just a matter of time. Anyway… haha.

Me and Philip actually woke up before her, so around 8:30 we woke up her up. I would have let her sleep in longer, but we had a packed day ahead. I asked if she remembered what today was and she sleepily said “Christmas…” She wanted to lay in bed for a few more minutes, then finally got up but went straight to the chair to lay down. Until she realized there were more presents under the tree! Then she started perking up :)

This year, she was really into Santa, more so than I’ve ever seen or heard her be. Didn’t really love it actually. She did make a couple of comments about her being good and that’s why she got presents, and Santa won’t come if she’s awake but wanted to make sure he was going to come to our house, and just kept saying how all of the presents were from him. I’ve never really addressed Santa with her before, and I’m sure I’d be a little confusing about it since I take her to get her picture done with him. But, I don’t want so much of her focus to be on him. And, quite frankly, I want her to know the presents are from me and Philip- the ones who care and put thought into what she gets. I guess as Christmas approaches again, we’ll talk about this much more.

 DSC_0252DSC_0253

DSC_0254

We started the day at our house, Philip read the real Christmas story to start us off.

DSC_0256

Then we all took turns opening our stockings :)  I was most excited about her getting stick on earrings, she ended up being most excited about her flashlight. Though, she does wear the earrings a lot :)

DSC_0258DSC_0261DSC_0263DSC_0270

Showing off the earrings :)

DSC_0274

Not sure what was up, but she was the slowest opener ever. Which was kinda good because it stretched it out, but, my goodness, it got to be a little slow motion at times. The video Philip took is not real exciting! haha

DSC_0279DSC_0280

The main thing she wanted, a radio!

DSC_0293DSC_0294DSC_0296DSC_0297DSC_0298DSC_0299

After presents Philip fixed a yummy breakfast while me and Aubrey made some Christmas cookies.
DSC_0305

IMG_7510

Then, we went over to my moms for lunch. Sarah, Jeff and Collin went to Houston for Jeff’s family, so we did all of our family stuff that following Sunday.

There’s that pose again..

IMG_7516

Robert brought his new dog over, he just thought it was so amazing that I was letting the dog lay on me. Which, I guess is a little bit of shocker! She is a pretty cute dog though. She really was like a little baby, after she played, I mean was traumatized by Aubrey, haha, she slept forever. Robert couldn’t even get her to wake up, it was pretty cute.

IMG_7522IMG_7524

I think Aubrey was getting jealous because she kept inching closer and closer :)

IMG_7525

After moms, we went over to Philips parents for dinner and more presents! Those girls sure were spoiled!

DSC_0365DSC_0368

All of the girls got their own princess pajama dress, Aubrey is obsessed with it. She even asked if she could wear it to Sarah’s wedding! Haha!

DSC_0367

It was a great Christmas and we were all truly blessed! IMG_7520

No comments: