Thursday, January 2, 2014

.. come on baby!

With less than two weeks left, guess I better do another update!

Let’s see, he’s head down- yay! So we area good to go in that department. He moves around A LOT, so I think he keep going back and forth from face up to face down. At my last appt, she thought he was face up, not good. But, I know there are times where I can feel his back, so that would have him face down.. so, I think he just likes to switch it up. Which is fine, as long as he’s face down when the time comes!

Back pain is still a constant. I’ll be so glad when that’s done with. As well as this dang restlessness!!! Restless leg syndrome to the MAX! I had it before I was pregnant, but it has intensified majorly. It’s a nightly, or even daily, thing. And not always just in my legs, for some reason my shoulder blade area gets that feeling a lot and my arms. But, mostly my legs/hips. Super annoying. I’d say the past month, it has made sleeping miserable. I’ll start off in bed and just won’t be able to lay still, so I’ll move to the rocking chair/recliner in the baby room, or the couch, or even Aubrey’s bed (if she’s not home).. then usually around 2:30-3:30 I’ll go back to our bed. So, its pretty much hit or miss on sleep until 3:00. Add 3-5 bathroom trips (at least).. its awesome. The things you go through to have a baby :)

On a positive note ;) … at my last appt, which was one day before 38 weeks, I had gone from nothing the week before to being dilated to 1-2cm and my cervix being “good and mushy”.. wish she would have given me an actual number on the thinning though. I’ll ask again next appt, if I make it?!??

I’ve definitely been having contractions. Though, I am having a little bit of a hard time distinguishing what actually is or is not a contraction. Never felt them with Aubrey, so this is new to me. I’d say 90% of the contractions are in my back. Every now and then I’ll get that period crampy feeling more in my front. Some are for sure the tightening/releasing, so those are obvious. But, I’m not sure if when my whole stomach tightens for a good while is still a contraction? None of them have been painful, just kimda uncomfortable or just a different feeling. Definitely doable :) I just keep praying that God will have the contractions be very obvious for when I need to take them seriously.

At 38 weeks grand total of weight gain- 21lbs! How I’ve managed that, I have no idea?! But, I sure am glad!!

Oh, also, a few weeks back, actually, right at Thanksgiving, I was having some really bad low back pain. Like nothing I would do would help. So, the day after Thanksgiving I called the office because that can be a sign of early labor. They had me come in and be monitored for contractions. None. But, they were still concerned about the pain, so they had me do a urine sample to see if there was maybe an infection going on. Well, come to find out, no infection per say, but I am Group B Strep positive. And, since it showed up in my urine then it was “more than normal” than if it showed on just the swab they would have done a few weeks later. So, I went on an antibiotic for a week and then did another urine sample and it came back clean, which is good. But, once I’m in labor, especially once my water breaks, I will go on an IV antibiotic. They’ve assured me that everything should be fine, and that its much more common than I think. They’ve delivered plenty of babies where the mom is positive and both are fine. I’m trying not to think too much on it because there really isn’t anything I can do until after he’s born. Just praying everything goes smoothly and there will be no issues!!

Just a side note, anyone can have the Group B at any point, its like a bacteria that can just flare up and go away at any time. It doesn’t harm the carrier, but could potentially be very harmful for the baby.

I’m getting super excited and anxious to get this labor going! Just curious to know how it’s all really going to go down, and just looking forward to that feeling that everyone that has had a natural birth talks about- accomplished, empowered, overjoyed, etc. And I just can’t wait to see what this little guy is going to look like!! And, how big he’s going to be?! They’ve estimated he’s at 7.5 lbs now.. but, I kinda feel like that’s just a safe guess ;) I can’t wait to see how Aubrey get’s along with him and just how life will be as a family of 4. Just so much to look forward to!

Though, to keep it real, I am still pretty nervous/scared of how labor is going to go down! Ha! Either way, hoping to find out sooner rather than later! Finally have our bags packed, his room is 99% ready (just waiting on some curtains, ah-hem, natalie ;) and I’m just sitting around waiting! So, come on baby boy- we’re ready for you! :)

Big belly comes in handy ;)

IMG_7351

IMG_7230

The beginning of being a SAHM- girl day and 35 weeks!

IMG_7309

36 weeks- and wearing this shirt way too often ;) Comfy and limited wardrobe wins.

IMG_7447

Top cravings right now- can’t get enough of either!

IMG_7207  IMG_7554

baby boy laundry!

IMG_7451

the question with no answer- what will his name be?!

IMG_7531

Aubrey wanted to help put his swing together so bad, so sweet. Philip has been put to work lately putting a lot of his stuff together- thanks babe :)

IMG_7535  IMG_7536

A ridiculous picture, but I wanted to capture the “realness” of pregnancy. Back pain. Lot’s of pillow, heated up rice socks and an early bedtime. All worth it though :)

IMG_7548

NYE. Stayed home with movies and pizza, no makeup and comfy clothes and 38 weeks. Livin it up ;)

photo 1

New Years Day, the weather was really perfect, so I got my booty up and forced myself to go for a walk (hoping to get some more contractions going, which it did some, nothing consistent though). It was really nice to have Philip home, too :)

photo 2

Now, its just the waiting game. Hoping my next update will include baby pics! :)

No comments: