Friday, May 28, 2010

Plan of Action

Lately, for some reason?, I've had a strong conviction about discipline and self control.
Odd? Maybe not.
I think why is because I hate that I really have almost no self control when it comes to eating sweets! I know, who does right?? But really, when I'm at work (bakery!!) I could seriously (and sometimes do!) eat a cinnamon roll with a chocolate milk, throw in a cookie or brownie.. and whatever else I can snack on.
Its just ridiculous.
My clothes agree.
SOO.. I've actually really had a conviction about this (self control is a fruit of the spirit ya know!), and so I've been praying about it.. and for the most part, I've seen a little improvement. Not to say I have given up sweets cold turkey. HA! But, I have been limiting what I eat and smaller portions and so on. Definitely a work in progress! But, I'm trying :)
Tonight I even bought oatmeal- cinnamon roll flavored!! HAHA! I'm pretty sure its still like a 1/3 of the calories of a real one!! And, its oatmeal. Thats healthy :)
And, I've been drinking alot more water. With Crystal Light or just plain. Another good thing. Natalie and I agreed we were going to give up soda.. well, I did. For like 2 days!! I honestly don't drink very much Dr Pepper anyway, so, I don't feel guilty when I do :) (Like that justification??)

Now for discipline.
Well, I think self-control pretty much goes hand in hand with that, but I've thrown in exercise with it.
BOO!
This whole "revelation" came to me Monday, so Tuesday is when my plan really came into effect.
Tuesday and Wednesday as soon as I came home from work I went down to the pond for 40-50 minutes.
Walking and some jogging.
Would have jogged more one of those days, but there was a creepy guy, and just really didn't feel that comfortable running by him..
Thursday didn't get a chance to go. And, not today either. Oops. But, I plan on going tomorrow!
I've actually been listening to sermons and worship music while I walk! I think that's pretty good too :)

And, I need to get a handle on my finances. Yuck..
I've come up with a way to hopefully keep me organized and more aware of where I'm spending my money. Keeping track of bills. All that good stuff.

So, that's my plan of action!
Wish me luck! :)

Well, here are a few really random pictures that have nothing to do with what I've talked about.
Which is probably good, because those would be weird pictures! haha.

Aubrey loves playing with Collins cars! (which, she says "car" now!) I can't get over how much curls affect your hair!!
Look how long it is wet.. .. and, dry!!
None of the women on my side have a lick of curl.. so, this is all new to me! lol. But, I sure do love it!!

AND, this is the other picture I'm debating on making an 11x14 for this frame I already have.
I just love it :)
So, this one?? OR, the one on my header pic??


Alright, that's all I got!
Let me know what you think about the pics please :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your "plan of action"! And...I vote for the picture you put in this post! I like the one on your header too, but I think I like the other one a little more! :)

Natalie said...

I am with Lauren- I like the kissing picture better! And ya for plan of action! I hear ya!

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

I love both pictures, but I like the one in your header the most because you can see both of your faces and both of your expressions are cute:)

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy seeing pictures of Aubrey and reading about how much you are enjoying motherhood. It makes me smile to see such love and tenderness between mother and daughter. I know you are probably surprised to hear from me this way, but wanted to let you know.

Love,
Kim (your aunt)

~Laura~ said...

Hey Kim!
You're right, very surprised, but glad to hear from you!! How did you find my blog? Yes, I am LOVING motherhood!
Hows everything going in your world? Dad says your back in NM? Here's my email if you'd like it, Laurak103185@yahoo.com
Great hearing from you!
~Laura