Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Into the 9th!

I am in my 9th and FINAL month! a very bittersweet time for sure. I am super stoked about her being here in probably just a matter of weeks.. but that also means I won't be pregnant anymore! duh I know.. but it's kinda weird. For the last 8 months really that's all that I have thought about.. being pregnant. That's what your life revolves around.. and then its just over. All those changes and feelings are gone. It's a good thing it is replaced by a sweet little baby, or it would really suck! haha! 

I went to the doc's today.. unfortunately not much news. I guess nothing has really progressed much from last week. She put her bet on that I won't have her within the week, and she "will be a monkey's uncle" if I do! lol.. she's quite an entertaining doctor! Although, something that I learned, she might not be the one to deliver the baby! If I go into labor when it's not one of her scheduled shifts or she's not on-call.. I get someone else. I'm pretty bummed about that. She says she delivers about 80% of her babies, so I guess that's good odds.. hopefully I fall into that 80%. Hmm.. I think that's about it on the doctor visit. 

I have decided to make a list of the things I love.. and love a little less about being pregnant: 

Love:
you don't have to worry about sucking in for pictures! 
you get to wear really comfy clothes
the knowing that there is a person growing inside of you.. it's absolutely mind blowing
getting to feel that person move inside of you.. the most wonderful feeling ever! 
getting to hear the heartbeat of the little one.. priceless.
getting to eat whatever you want.. for the most part :)
people going out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and have what you need
the fact that i'm going to be a mommy!
all of the changes your body goes through- pregnancy effects so many areas of your body I had no idea about!
NAPS!! 
buying a bunch of cute baby stuff 
feeling the baby have hiccups.. very odd
seeing how excited everyone is that you're having a baby
strangers caring and asking questions and congratulating you
having a love for someone you haven't even met that is indescribable! 


Love a little less:
feeling and looking fat! 
going to the bathroom a thousand times a day!
not ever really being able to actually get comfortable
the constant feeling that you're suffocating
the kicks in the ribs.. not very enjoyable
constant tossing and turning during the night
mood swings.. sometimes you just can't control em.
stretch marks that I just now got.. ugh.. 
the feeling of your stomach resting on your legs when you're sitting.. very strange
constant pain in your back

things i took for granted: 
being able to bend over with out having to squat funny
being able to tie my shoes and shave my legs with ease
being able to lie on my stomach
doing everything for just myself
being able to see under my stomach.. lol
being able to stay up late.. sleep becomes your best friend when you can get it!
sense of balance.. you wouldn't believe how many times you trip over yourself or loose your footing
memory. even doing this list i forget what all i want to put on here! (aka- baby brain, it's for real!) 
picking up and holding my nephew
picking up and holding anything over 10 lbs! lol 
walking up stairs.. you have no idea how much energy that takes when you're 7+ months! 
being able to drink as much coke and coffee as you want

Well, those are just a few things. I know as soon as I post this I will think of a ton more reasons! Even though there are some things about being pregnant that aren't completely enjoyable.. I wouldn't trade any of it for a second. It is such a wonderful and fascinating time, its hard to describe the kind of feelings you get, emotionally. Your moods definitely go on a roller coaster ride, and a ride it it for sure! But the feelings I mean are not that of happy or sad so much, but more of protectiveness, joy, anxious, nervous, scared, unconditional love.. it's just wonderful. plain and simple. 

That is all for now. :) 

Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving! :)


2 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

i CANNOT believe you are due in 19 days. i hope you do not have her for 19 days because i want to be out of school so i can see her! i get out for Christmas break on the 19th! can she try to stay in until the 19th after 4pm? if not, try to have her the previous friday (the 12th) after school hours as well so i can have the weekend to come up to the hospital over and over! :)

~Laura~ said...

oh my! let me add you to the list of availability! lol! and I would prefer not on the 12th, that is Sarah's birthday! But I will see what I can do! haha.