Monday, August 1, 2011

"I'm a big kid now!"- almost...

disclaimer: potty talk.

Well, one week ago potty training hit full swing!
In order for Aubrey to move up to the 3's class in August she needs to be potty trained (at least more than she is now). I have been working with her pretty hard with it, but, with her going to her dads two different weeks this summer, and the weekends and all that... well, I don't think they were quite as on top of it as I have been! :/ So, basically her teachers at school and I both agreed to start her in panties at school. I had been putting her in panties at night while at home. So, as off last Monday, Little Miss has been in panties full time, except for bedtime. The most amazing thing is, when I picked her up from school on Monday- not one single accident!! Not even during nap time! They even sent home all pull ups with me that morning- strictly panties. I really was shocked. And, no accidents at school the rest of the week either! I mean really, that's pretty impressive. BUT, yes, there is a but, going #2 is another story. Looks like she's been saving that for home... and, in her panties. Grr. I just can't get that girl to "go" on the potty! She's only done it like twice, and its been a while. Even when she does #2 in her panties, she won't tee-tee too. So, I guess that's good? Haha. And, she hadn't had any accidents at all, even at home, until a couple of days ago. She was in the bathroom trying to get everything down fast enough, but, she just wasn't quick enough. So I wasn't upset at all- she tried! Though, Sunday, she had gone at church, but, by the time we were home.. she went right in our entry way! What?! And, today.. went while watching a movie- on my brothers bed- shh!! Those two times, I was upset! I mean, the bathroom is just feet away! She'll go if I take her, unless she just doesn't need to go, but, she will not tell me she needs to go, or just go on her own. Well, maybe 1 out of 10 times. I really am happy with the progress we're making, I never would have thought I'd be going in public with her in panties within the first week!
I just really wish she'd tell me or just go on her own.

It'll happen one day, it has to.

Headed out to get donuts on her first day going to school in "big girl panties"!
She eats the tops of her donuts.


It is so cute to see her in her little panties though.
And, they've been fun to buy ;)

She really is growing up...
I think I'm ok with it this time though! Ha! :)

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I dread helping potty train Brooklyn. I've already potty trained 3 kids...but now I've got to help with Brooklyn. That's not going to be fun. Aubrey is doing great!