Monday, March 29, 2010

Updates!

Yipee!! Spring has Sprung!! Who else is excited!? :) I'm just lovin this weather.. even went out and walked/jogged with Lauren today! Hey, progress. :)

So, something I've been debating lately is switching jobs. I even have a pretty good "in" somewhere, but, really, the more I think about it the more I'm not sure if I really want to. The pay is better, but I'm not sure if its significant enough to lose some time with Aubrey. Not saying there is a price on her time!! I mean, obviously everyone could use some more moolah, but, I just need it to be enough that it will really make a difference for us.. and, I just don't know?! I really do have good hours, the latest I get home is 3:00pm. And still get at least 8 hours! Can't really beat that. Right? :) I mean, getting up at 4:30am is not really an ideal thing, but, I get the majority of my day and have taken advantage of that by picking up Aubrey early to go to CFA with Natalie and Lola, or the park, or whatever.. I just don't want to lose that. But, there is another job that I think I would really love- Newborn Hearing Screener! Natalie just started doing it and loves it.. and I found an opening at the larger company, so I applied!! Pending on hours and pay.. but, keep your fingers crossed! :)

On a not so great note, I got in a wreck today. And, totally my fault. First time ever. Boo! There is this really crappy area to get on the service road where you have to pull out pretty far to see if there are any cars coming, and well, I thought the lady ahead of me was going and I turned back to look at Aubrey... and BAM! Pretty hard too, jerked my seat belt against me pretty hard! And she was in a pretty nice car- crap! We pull over and assess the damage, but.. there was NO damage!! Except a little bend in my license plate! And who cares about that!? We both were really shocked there was nothing! I kept apologizing and she was really nice about it all and said no worries! Thank ya Jesus! :)

OH! And, an even worse note.. there is a biting problem going on in Aubrey's class. Totally not happy about it because Aubrey is the one that keeps getting bit. Today made the 5th bite in about 3 weeks? Thats alot! And I know that can be real common in her age group, but still, who wants their kid to keep getting bit?! The last three have left really bad marks, completely top and bottom teeth shown! Ugh!! So, they are supposed to be keeping a good log of it all.. but, I'm going to ask about it again tomorrow and see if its the same kid that keeps biting.. because if the teachers and parents can't get it under control they need to hit the road! Too harsh?? Seriously though, I absolutely hate the thought of my little baby being hurt while shes there. Kills me. One of the teachers was super sweet today about it, she was real apologetic and reassuring that she would check up on it and make sure the morning teachers keep me real informed. I was really appreciative of that.


Ok, on to happier things :)
Thought I'd give an update on all thats going on in Little Bits world:

Saying:
Mama
Dada/Daddy
Duck
Dog
Ball
Book
Bubbles
Papa
Baby (my new favorite- just the cutest!!)
Uh-oh
Snack, well, Nack
Bye-Bye

Can point to:
Nose
Eyes
Toes
and, Buddah Belly! haha! Because her belly really looks like one!

She knows what things are when I tell her to get them, or go there. She impresses me all the time with how much she is learning and comprehending!

She loves to dance!!

She is extremely independent and wants things done her way when she says so! But, has little bouts of shyness where she just runs to me and snuggles up to me, love it.

She adores her cousin Collin! She gets so excited when she sees him and just wants to be right next to him! Which is a little funny, because she usually has no interest in Lola, her best little buddy! Too funny when they're together!

She loves bath time and knows when I say "Let's get the ducks" that means bath time.

She likes to brush her hair.

She wears 18-24 months and size 5 shoes, for her monster feet.

Has 12 teeth!!

She likes to "try on" my shoes, which is crazy that my daughter is trying on my shoes.

If she sees food she needs to eat it all. Doesn't matter whose it is, its hers now! Her favorites are bananas, cereal with milk, yogurt, applesauce, ham, CFA nuggets, bread, animal crackers, gold fish, green beans, potatoes, any fruit really... any food at all really!

She has mastered drinking from a straw.

No more bottles :( For a while now actually.

Loves to play peek-a-boo, be chased around and is super ticklish!

And, her hair has quite a bit of curl to it! Which she does not get from me at all, but I love it!


She has such a happy spirit and adapts to wherever she is. She is such a joy in my life. :)

Aunt Emmy reading to Collin and Aubrey

shopping buddies :)
sharing snacks.. sweet girls.
Sunday morning before church- Ducks!Crazy morning hair!Aubrey eating everything in sight- seriously, her stomach was going to bust!Little strawberry on the chin..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UGH I'd be SO mad at the biting thing. I agree it's an age thing, but our day care used to have pretty harsh punsihments on children that bit to avoid it becoming a little epidemic. Poor aubrey...

You know your little one wears the same size shoes as my 2 1/2 year old :)