Saturday, January 10, 2009

Going on's..

Things I've noticed since becoming a mom.. 

After you have the baby, your emotions go a little haywire! There have been several times I have just wanted to cry. not so much for any particular reason.. just felt like I needed a good cry. but I have kept my composure. well, except for once in the shower.. but that was after certain people were aggravating me! but anyway! :) Although, I am sad to a degree. I definitely don't think I have postpartum depression, I'm just sad that this past 3 weeks have gone so fast! really its been a blur! I can barely remember what day it is.. seriously! You don't have time to adjust to not being pregnant anymore (which I do miss!), then you leave the hospital, which is weird, then your baby changes, constantly! Its like she's a different person everyday! I just feel like I don't really remember her, what she looked like and acted when she was born.. its strange. its sad. at the same time, it feels like I just had her, but then it also feels way longer than 3 weeks! its very hard to explain... but you will you know what I mean once it happens. its just alot of adjusting. 

sleep. hasn't really been that bad. really, she sleeps pretty good at night (considering she sleeps ALL day!) its just kinda frustrating after a while getting up and down 5,000 times to put the pacifier back in! (I swear, she spits it out as soon as she hears me lay down!) So then I give in and put her in my bed. not good. I don't want her to get used to that. some nights, she will sleep perfectly in her bed all night (well, except for the 3 o'clockish feeding) I'm realizing, that after I feed her I can't just automatically put her in her bed afterwards, I have to hold her or rock her till she's at least halfway asleep before I lay her down, or its going to be a lost cause! lessons learned.. 

amazed at how much she can sleep!! alllll day.. 

bottles. all I do is wash bottles! lol! 

diapers. constantly!

who would have thought a baby would go through so much laundry!? craziness!

I don't feel like she has a name yet. or that Aubrey should be her name? I don't know? its weird.. 

i'm going to go broke on all the pictures and scrapbook stuff I will end up buying! ridiculous! (but worth it!) :) 

It takes a lot longer than I had thought to get me and her ready to go anywhere. there is so much involved. and you have to plan ahead for anything. there is no more just being able to run to the store, or just go somewhere real quick. you have to have a plan. and that plan my have to begin the day before! I think my morning showers are done. too much involved and time consuming to take a shower in the morning if we have to go somewhere, haha. 

 you will never love someone so much!! you will sit and stare constantly. think about what she will look like when she's older. what she will be like. all the things and places you can go/do with her. I can't wait to take her to the park.. or the arboretum! :) 

I have gone camera happy! 

your body changes like crazy! in soo many ways. my hips I think are wider now. no biggie, but I'm wondering if my jeans will fit right? well, once I lose a little more weight. as much as I would like to think I'm back to "normal".. I don't think I'm completely there yet. I'm just ready to be me again. 

Its the best when you are the one that can calm your baby down and make her happy. when you can tell she is most comfortable with her mommy. just the best. 

These 3 weeks have been very interesting, (for what all I can remember!), I can't wait for the next 3! (and all the rest after that! :) ) 

<3>


1 comment:

jordanandrachel said...

aww it sounds like so much fun! I'm a mommy-type person, I just can't wait to be a mom some day. Congratulations to you and your sweet baby!!

Oh, and here's a secret I learned about the whole scrapbooking thing
TRY SCRAPBLOG!! It will save you worlds of time and money:
http://www.scrapblog.com/

You can create your own scrapbooks for FREE, upload your pics so you don't have to pay to print them, create your scrapbooks online on Your time with NO mess and then-voulah!! you just order the book!!! They're like $30!! yea, crazy cheap.