Monday, December 16, 2013

One Year Down… Many More To Go!

November 3rd, we celebrated our first year anniversary. I can’t believe it’s already been a year! Fastest year ever. And what a year it has been!

It’s been fun, most of the time ;), learning how to live with someone, figuring out what works and what doesn’t day-to-day, who’s going to do what around the house, figuring out expectations, becoming parentS- instead of just parent (me), getting ready for a new baby(!)… my favorite though, is just knowing at the end of the day I get to curl up in bed with the one I love and that I am meant to be with. There is just such a nice security in knowing you have someone and they have you.

Is marriage all that I thought it would be? Yes and no. Insert a big “DUH” here —> it’s been a little harder than I thought it would be. haha. Just all of the adjusting, in every sense. But, it has also been great! I think our situation is a little different than most of our friends, starting off with having an almost 4 year old and then throwing in a pregnancy about 6 months later! It’s definitely been challenging at times, but I wouldn’t trade it! Philip has done an amazing job with Aubrey, and I know he will do amazing with our little boy :)

He has also been a wonderful husband. He’s very thoughtful and always willing to help out around the house when asked, or even without being asked. He works very hard to provide for our family, which is so appreciated. He’s been amazing during this pregnancy!! And, its really evident how much he strives to be a good husband- I got a good one! :)

Due to me being in school, I couldn’t take off time for us to really get away (major bummer!) so, we did a little mini getaway in Dallas. We left Saturday and stayed at a hotel in the West End (I’ve gone totally blank on the name, darn it). When we got there we just lounged around for a bit and then went to Daddy Jacks on Greenville Ave. It was very reminiscent of our honeymoon in Boston :) Afterward, we went back to the hotel, but first walking to a little restaurant for some hot chocolate. Yummy. Sunday- we slept in!! I this point I was just about 30 weeks pregnant, so sleep was good ;) We ate a really good breakfast at the hotel, then lounged around some more, looked through all of our wedding pics (via FB), then ate the traditional top of the cake. Um, I’ll just say, the cake tasted much better a year ago ;) After that, we headed out for lunch and then that night went to Studio Movie Grill and saw Captain Phillips- so good!!

It was nice to get away, even if it wasn’t far or for long. The one-on-one, good conversation and relaxation time is all that was needed, and that’s what we got :)

 

About to go out for dinner.

IMG_7074IMG_7072

Eating the cake. We kept hoping it would be better if we dug a little deeper ;)

IMG_7084IMG_7086

Love you babe. So blessed to have been lucky enough to get to marry you and start a wonderful life together! XOXO!

IMG_7075

No comments: